I am a postdoc at the
Dark Cosmology Centre /
Niels Bohr Institute /
University of Copenhagen.
Projects I'm working on
- The UltraVISTA survey, particularly the part called
which is searching for z=8.8 Lyman alpha emitting galaxies using narrow band
imaging with the 4-meter
over a 5 year period which started around January 2010. UltraVISTA is one of the
ESO public surveys.
- Various GTO projects using the new VLT spectrograph called
(see also the
The GTO (guaranteed time observations) will take place over a 3 year period
starting in 2009.
- The project "Fundamental properties of GRB-selected galaxies:
A Swift/VLT legacy survey" (PI: Jens Hjorth),
particularly the part using spectroscopy to search for Lyman alpha emission
in GRB host galaxies.
- Various Virtual Observatory related projects
see also my collection of VO and other astronomy links).
- The ESO Distant Cluster Survey (EDisCS).
Dr. Bo Milvang-Jensen
Dark Cosmology Centre
Juliane Maries Vej 30
2100 Copenhagen Ø
E-mail: milvang (at) astro.ku.dk [identical to milvang (at) dark-cosmology.dk]
Phone: +45 35 32 59 05
Last updated: 29-Jul-2011 (but not really up to date! ;-)